Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Meet a Viking- Wyatt Fruehauf

Question: Who's your role model and why?
Answer: Alexander McQueen because he has gone through a lot of pressure for being openly gay. Another role model of mine is Sherry Vine because she is basically the blind drag queen.

Question: How do you choose your everyday wardrobe?
Answer: I base my colors off my mood. If I'm happy, I'll wear bright blue or red skinny jeans. If I'm not feeling too good I'll just wear my sweats.

Question: What's your biggest fashion risk that you're glad you made?
Answer: The fact that I have always wanted to experience different styles.

Question: Do you plan on incorporating fashion into your future life, and if so, how?
Answer: Yes, I think I want to go to a San Fransisco or New York institute of design. I would just like mixing things up.

Question: At what time in your life did you begin to care about a fashion?
Answer: Right after I was put on suicide watch. Once I had that huge wake up call, I wanted to show people what I like to do.

Question: Do you ever feel pressured to wear what other people wear. rather then what you want to wear?
Answer: Yes, I never used to like skinny jeans but then I decided to try them and I loved all the different colors and styles. I also just started wearing v- necks too. Even if I wear things my friends are wearing, I can expand off of it.

Question: Is there a certain style you strive for, or is it all your own?
Answer: I don't think so, I always wanted to experience different styles and decide which ones I like best.

Question: What are your most precious tools while making your clothes?
Answer: I don't make clothes from scratch but I do make my clothes into different things. But the best tool would be having an idea and going with it.

Question: Do you plan on inspiring other people with your clothing?
Answer: Yes I do because it's like, having any other person look up to you is a great honor.

Question: What is your greatest fear of people judging are you?
Answer: It would be when people think I am stealing ideas from other people.

By Annika Hodges and Kiera Johnson